Current club events are listed each month on p. 2, 3, & 8 of the newsletter calendar. See pages 4-5 of the February newsletter for a master-schedule of events coming up each year.
THE CHUCKANUT CLASSIC was on August 28, 2016. Thank you for riding! Check back in 2017 for information about the next Chuckanut Classic event.
The Chuckanut Classic Bicycle Ride (formerly the Chuckanut Century) is presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club as our signature ride. For more information, including directions, maps, and entry form, please visit our Chuckanut Classic Website in early 2017.
YEARLY & QUARTERLY MEETINGS & EVENTS
There have been some great meet-ups and events in 2015 and 2016. The club puts on several get-togethers per year in addition to our many club bike rides.
- Our Yearly kick-off member’s reception is every January and includes a good overview of the year to come, as well as a gear swap and new memberships sign-up for the year. Our 2016 reception was attended by more than 60 people and many pizzas were enjoyed and memberships were renewed.
- We had an end-of-summer 2015 BBQ/cookout/potluck party on September 27. Lots of brats, burgers, and veggie burgers were grilled by Scott!
- The MBBC has a booth every year at the Seattle Bike Show, and volunteers from the club staff the booth over the 2-day event. The 2016 Bike Show was March 5 & 6, 2016 at the Century Link Conference Center in Seattle.
- The MBBC has been a sponsor of the Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition‘s yearly Trail Days. In 2016 the MBBC provided coffee, doughnuts, pizza, and manpower/womanpower for working on the Hush Hush trail on Larrabee. Our trail day was April 17th in 2016.
- Ride Leader Training was presented by Greg Rehm and many of the club’s ride leaders on March 24, 2016. MBBC ride leaders help guide you on all of our club-sponsored weekly and special-events rides.