Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
2014 Thanksgiving Ride. Meet at 10am at Cornwall Park (Meridian Street entrance), quick jaunt to Ferndale or Lynden and back. "Ride in the morning, have an extra piece of pie in the evening." Eric Stromerson is leading the 2014 ride, Thursday November 27th.
Fall bike events coming up in November!
The October/November 2014 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- Cascade Cross Series has announced cyclocross race dates for this fall/winter. Two dates coming up in November: Cross Border Clash on the 1st, then Thanks Given'er on the 22nd.
- Wednesday evening Cyclocross practices through Thanksgiving. See p. 7 of the September 2014 newsletter for details and contact information.
- Trail building parties sponsored by the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in the following months.
- Don't turn into a slug overwinter. Sign up for indoor training classes with Cycle Moles at Fairhaven Fitness/Bellingham Tennis. Robin has just announced an 11-week Monday night spinning class starting December 1st.
- Support Sterling Bike Works; Details on the Sterling Bike Works website.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The 29th Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
The 2014 Chuckanut Century was Sunday, September 14 - it was a great day!
Thanks for riding the 2014 Chuckanut Century on September 14, 2014. We had perfect weather and many tired yet happy riders enjoying their post-ride beer or burger in the Boundary Bay beer garden.
See the 2014 Chuckanut Century Photos - north route - on Hovde Productions.
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.