Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Summer Riding Continues in July!
The July 2014 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- July Fourth Ride!
- Live Tour de France Viewing at the Mount Bakery - 5am every Tour Stage day.
- Tour de Whatcom - July 26th
- everybodyBike's Summer Rides Series for 2014 continues, every other Sunday. Bellingham rides July 13th (Fairhaven Village Green) and 27th (Lightcatcher), 1pm.
- I never Intended to be Brave: One Woman's Bicycle Journey Book Reading and Slideshow by Heather Andersen, presented at REI on July 28th.
- Northwest Tandem Rally in Pendleton, Oregon this year, in preparation for next year's NWTR2015 in Bellingham.
- Padden Mountain Pedal - day of mountain bike racing - July 13.
- Tour de Lavender on the Olympic Peninsula - August 2-3.
- Inaugural Ride to fight Friedreich's Ataxia - August 3 in Seattle.
- Trail building parties sponsored by the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in July and August and the following months.
- and more!
The 2014 Chuckanut Century will be Sunday, September 14 2014!
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day, and the 2013 ride was on a foggy, yet dry and warm, day. We hope you'll be back for CC 2014!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The 29th Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.