Ride the Chuckanut Classic on August 27, 2017.
Please check back in early 2017 for details and information about the 2017 ride.
The Chuckanut Classic (formerly Chuckanut Century) is the Mount Baker Bicycle Club’s signature ride.
Come join us and ride one of the most scenic rides in Washington. With many routes offered you can pick your distance ranging from 25, 50, 62, 100, or the double metric century of 124 miles.
If you’d rather bring your family on a shorter guided ride, join the family-friendly 10-mile jaunt with treats, entertainment, and other surprises for kids.
No matter which route you choose, you’ll be treated to Whatcom County’s finest roads and sights. As you ride the south loop you’ll have views of the San Juan Islands while overlooking Bellingham, Samish, and Padilla Bays along with stunning views of Chuckanut and Blanchard mountains, also known as “where the Cascade mountains meet the sea.” The north loop offers spectacular views of Mt Baker as it stretches to meet the sky at 10,800 feet, as well as incredible views of the Canadian Cascades, Mt Shuksan, the Twin Sisters, Birch Bay, and Vancouver Island.
Although all cyclists should be prepared when they take to the roads, you can enjoy the added security of knowing that there is ride support if needed and food stops with a wide variety of high-energy food and drinks along all of the routes.
The 25 mile loop is perfect for those new to an organized event but ready to try a longer ride on their own.
The 124 mile double-metric-century is a great way to push yourself to an extra-long distance while being supported along the way.
The 10-mile jaunt is a guided option for families and children, with ride leaders for extra security for those unfamiliar with group riding.
Schedule on August 27, 2017
Registration opens at 6:00 am. We request that riders begin at the following times based on what distance you plan to ride:
- 6:30 am – Double-metric-century (124 miles – 200 km) begin. Road does not open until 6:30 am so do not leave earlier than this. The double-metric-century begins with the south route.
- 7:00 am – Century riders (100 miles) begin. The century begins with the south route.
- 8:00 am – Metric century riders (62 miles – 100km) begin. The metric century is entirely on the north route.
- 9:00 am – 50 milers and 25 milers begin. North route.
- 10:30 am – Guided family-friendly 10 mile ride begins. All riders on the guided ride must leave together at 10:30 am. Please begin gathering at 10:15 am so we can leave on time.
- 12:00 noon – the lunch grill opens in the Boundary Bay Brewery’s backyard outdoor garden. Lunch service extends until 5:00 pm.
- 2:00 pm – post-ride live music in the outdoor garden, music until 5:00 pm.
- 5:00 pm – routes are closed, outdoor garden post-ride party closed.